Thursday, April 26, 2012

Strawberry Almond Chicken Salad

When I was at the grocery store recently I did my normal shopping. A lot of produce, meat and dairy. They also had rotisserie chicken on sale again, so I always get a couple to divide up to have the meat in the freezer. When it was supper time I gave my boys each a leg off the chicken with some veggies and yogurt. I was trying to decide what to do for myself...I came up with this and it was one of the best salads that I've made at home.

What you need:

1/2 cup romaine lettuce
1/2 cup red leaf lettuce (frankly any lettuce you have would work, I always get romaine)
1/4 cup strawberries
1/4 cup diced apple
tbsp slivered almonds
1/2 cup shredded chicken
2 tbsp strawberry balsamic vinaigrette (I had this on hand, I am going to try and make my own next time...)

 ENJOY!


*This is a serving for one, of course you could make a larger portion if you are making this for a crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment